Monday, September 7, 2009

TST Rally for a Great Cause


Hello all you fabulous TST-ers! I hope that you are enjoying this Labor Day weekend.

I am writing in the hopes that you will help support a fabulous TSTer, Lorrie, in her efforts to collect 250 pieces of postcard sized original artwork to be raffled at the September 24th benefit for The Creative Center for Cancer (www.thecreativecenter.org).

Lorrie has been charged with soliciting unframed original 4 x 6 art in any medium-from acrylics to photography, collage to pen and ink and everything in between. This art will be on display and viewed by several hundred supporters which will include some gallery owners, art collectors and celebrities. Fine art by very well known artists will be auctioned off live, as well as celebrity art by actors such as Liam Neeson and Mia Farrow.

Currently, Lorrie is behind on her goal to collect the postcard art so she desperately needs our help!

Donating a postcard sized piece of your original art is a great way to honor someone who has been touched by cancer. The Creative Center for Cancer works very hard to bring art to people who have been touched by this disease. Please consider sending Lorrie something before September 20th. The address is:

Lorrie Veasey
c/o OUR NAME IS MUD
224 West 29th Street
Floor 5
NYC NY 10001

The value of your donation is tax deductable. Please include all your contact info on the back of the piece so that the person who wins your piece can contact you.

If you know any other artists who might participate in this event, please let them know.

I'm definitely creating a piece ...will you join me??

15 comments:

JanetDavies said...

I'm in! I,m really happy you posted this. I've been feeling the desire to lend a hand where it's really needed.

CaffeinatedFrenzy said...

Thanks for posting this, I would love to participate! I'm not sure what I'll do yet, but I'll be brainstorming :)
Mind if I pass the word along in my blog? Maybe she'll get some more participants.

Unknown said...

Natasha
I'm in - have a couple of awesome photos I can send - probably not time to do a small painting - but the photos are doable!

Felicia Kramer said...

I'll send something. I've had too many people close to me touched by cancer.

Natasha said...

You ladies are all AMAZING!! Thank you this is so important. Yes, yes, yes Frenzy please post this on your blog. As a matter of fact I invite everyone to post it on their blogs the more people who know the more fabulous art can be created to help a great cause. Thank you all again!

Amanda Fall - Sprout editor said...

What a fantastic cause, and opportunity for us. I'll definitely try to fit this into my schedule. Thanks for sharing this, Tash, and to Lorrie for participating in such a worthy project!

GottaLoveMom said...

I'm coming out of my Sabbatical for this...And I'll pass it along to a photog-friend of mine, too!

Thanks!

Natasha said...

YAY Amanda and Jenjen thank you so much for doing this. Jenjen that's great that you are going to pass it along too ... Let's keep it going and get as many folks as we can WooHoo!

aquamaureen said...

I'll be honest here . . . I'm hugely shy about considering my art as "worthy" of being auctioned off. But I'll go public here with my lack of confidence and commit to sending a piece . . . but it's hard to believe in myself enough to do this. Only doing it 'cause of my mother-in-law.

SalvagedExpression said...

I'm doing a little chicken /= with head running (I think my computer geek So is rubbing off on my typing) this week but I will absolutely try to get something out!
It feels a bit like postsecret but with art. :)

Felicia Kramer said...

I'm sending my stuff today and I just posted about it on my blog, referring artists back here for the whole story. Thanks!

Phoenyx Ravenswing said...

Greetings!

Will certainly see what I can do! :-) I, too, have some orig. photos that might work, and I'm certain that there are some collages out there that could work too. :-)

Are you allowed to submit more than one piece? :-)

BB 7 GF! :-)
-Bird

Natasha said...

aquamaureen - I am SOOO insanely proud of you...I mean really from the bottom of my heart. I often wonder why you don't have a shop...your work is wonderful, filled with life and people enjoy it....you have to see the worth in it and how "worthy" it is of being out in the world and auctioned off....but till then know your artwork is worthy of more than you can possibly imagine...I'm so proud of you for being so brave! What an inspiration you are...

SalvagedExpression - we soo need a catch up session!! I laughed out loud at your chicken head running...that totally came out the way Yoda would say it LOL! I'm LOVING that you are going to try to make something and it totally has that postsecret with art feel right on!

Felicia you ROCK in a major way!!! I want to see your piece and thank you for posting about it ....I'll be visiting your blog playground later...thank you from the bottom of my heart :)

Phoenix - YAY!! I love that you are submitting WooHooo! I will reach out and find out the answer to you question and be back soon :)

You are all incredible!!!

SalvagedExpression said...

Lorrie...I blame you! I was happily smudging along making a passable bit of fluff to send and then it happened. It wasn't finished, it needed more. The beast had to be fed and I gave it glitter!
I think I cleaned it up well enough but we all know that glitter can never be cleaned...it just waits for another opportunity to crop up. :)

Jess // CLineCreations said...

Ooh I gave Lorrie something a few weeks ago... she's a sweetheart. This is a great cause - thanks for posting it!