Monday, March 30, 2009

"March Goes Out Like a Lion" Mini-Monthly

Mini-Monthly: a place where gorgeous works of art that were created for various themes but did not make it in by the deadline due to different circumstances are showcased. These works were simply too incredible not to share. They will make you roar with delight!



Janet, creator of Janet Davies, created this simply stunning piece for the Vibrant Chaotic Rainbows theme.

http://janetdavies.etsy.com/












Twisted Thicket created this absolutely gorgeous piece for the Artistic Safari theme.

"I've always been fascinated by the art & messages left thousands of years ago for us to find," said Twisted. "So, my safari took place in ancient Africa and Brazil where I hunted for spectacular petroglyphs and cave paintings that were created as far back as 5,000 years. :) I recorded some of my "catch" in acrylics on stretched canvas to share with you.The colors of the pyramid shape are actually the colors of the Brazilian flag. The canvas is small, only 5" x 7". "

My Website & Blog ~~ http://twistedthicket.com/
Follow Me on Twitter!~https://twitter.com/TwistedThicket








Ashley Markus, creator of OffTheHooks, created this truly beautiful "rainstorm handspun art yarn" for the "Let Beauty Rain Down Upon..." theme.
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=22331486

"This was a great project to do as spring has been taking forever to arrive in Canada," said Ashley. "Lately, I find myself making things that incorporate the feelings, colors, and textures of spring, in hopes that it will eventually be coming!"

http://offthehooks.etsy.com/





Kim, creator of kfritzphotography created this unbelievably gorgeous piece for the "Bones of the Earth or You're My Rock" theme.

http://kfritzphotography.etsy.com/








Jan, creator of Remember When Creation, created this incredibly lovely "Shower of love" premade scrapbook layout for the "Let Beauty Rain Down Upon..." theme. http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=22590869

http://rememberwhencreation.etsy.com/









I originally created this for the "Flicker of Imagination" theme. It was a felt wall hang with beaded strap. That's the first time I've ever created something like that so I'm still working out the kinks. For now, I created a bookmark. To be honest, it makes me truly happy.

http://doodlestar.etsy.com/




Now I ask you, did you not love these creations? Tell a friend, tell your boss, tell your Mom but most importantly, tell these artists. Leave them a little love!

See you next month :)

11 comments:

Eileen said...

you are so right Natasha...these are beautiful...i especially love the bracelet heading your display...can you figure out why?...
check out my blog: i run a "theme for thursday" ...
http://dorsethillbeads.blogspot.com/2009/03/theme-for-thursday-march-26-last-one.html ...

Natasha said...

Eileen - first thanks for coming by and sharing...what a super fun blog you have going on...I love it...Janet Davies piece is extraordinary, don't you think? I think your theme has something to do with the colors of sunset ..I'm coming over to render a guess...so glad you stopped by!

meherio68 said...

Amazing works again - I just love Kim's photo - so mysterious...

agoodwitchtoo said...

You're right... all of these creations just needed to be shared! I'm particularly in love with the yarn!

Amanda Fall - Sprout editor said...

Gorgeous! So glad these had the opportunity to be shared. I can't wait to see the entries this week--still working on mine... does the deadline sneak up on anyone else?? :) That's okay, though, because it means we get to see everyone else's soon!

Natasha said...

meherio68 - so good to see you here!! I agree ...that photo is filled with mystery and beauty..

agoodwitchtoo - so awesome to see you here too...that yarn is truly delicious isn't it!?!

Amanda - how are you?? So good to see you YAY! The deadline sneaks up on me EVERY week LOL...this week is going to be fun...

Michelle (mkc photography) said...

I'm so glad we get to see these!! I could not possibly choose a favorite as they are all so varied and amazing (Kim's photo is like an abstract painting, so atmospheric!). I love the quote on your bookmark, Natasha - a truly beautiful sentiment.

Natasha said...

mkcphotography - so great to see you...how's it going?? Thank you so much for your comment on my bookmark...hey I saw your piece in Blockhead Radio's Artisan Challenge in the Photography category...way to go, good luck!!!!!

Unknown said...

What a fun bracelet - imagine wearing that while dancing around in a rainbow!
Really like the colors and what's going on in the safari painting.
oooooooo that yarn, besides being my favorite color combination, looks so soft.
Bones of the earth photo - makes me want to climb into it and figure out what those objects are...................
such a sweet scrapbook page,
and
Natasha - your words - so cool that you can take a line from your poem - they stand on their own, and are so inspiring. And the best part - it makes you truly happy!
Thanks everyone for sharing, and thank you Natasha, for creating this wonderful place.

Natasha said...

lisianblue - thank you for cheering and sharing your thoughts...I love it....and I really do love this place too :)

aquamaureen said...

Natasha, not only do you give us a place to share each week, but you also give us an additional place to "catch up" if we "missed the bus" for any reason. You are really the dearest person.