Monday, March 16, 2009

Inspirational Tips: Sometimes Inspiration is a Love Letter

Where Do Wishes Go

Every now and again you come across an artist whose work makes you stop in your tracks. You find you cannot help but stare and marvel at the work; each piece makes you feel as though you have little Fourth of July sparklers floating through your veins. Indigo Rain's work does that for me. The gorgeous pieces move me, especially "Where Do Wishes Go". The inspiration behind this artwork will warm your heart and make you want to take a stroll through her shop just to spend a little more time being delighted. Here, IndigoRain shares a little inspiration.

"A lot of my ideas come from notes and sketches I made during my travels to England, Greece and Spain," begins Indigorain. "I have lived in Europe half of my life and have known these places but every time I visit, I seem to re-discover them. Sometimes my ideas come from things people say, a half-lit church or from something as simple as a dandelion.


But there is one special place in my heart - a Spanish island, called Lanzarote. My parents took my sister and I to visit the island when we were little. I recently returned with my husband but this time we were fortunate enough to take our daughter along to discover the artistic gardens, cactus plantations and colorful groves. Along the coastline one can see the naked, black, dry, sunburned sand and hear the volcanoes breathing. One evening we strolled past a striking old façade that enveloped a picturesque courtyard. There were Natives singing, enjoying meals and drinking wine. All these foreign faces were smiling at us while shuffling to squeeze us in. We sat down on a long wooden bench amongst these strangers and let their tender hearts grab hold of us. Barefoot kids were playing and giggling everywhere. We danced, sang and dined on Papas ( 'wrinkly' potatoes boiled in sea water) and Puchero (Vegetable Stews). There was a lot of laughter. We couldn’t understand a word anyone was saying, yet the air was filled with promise and harmony. Our daughter had the best time with her new little friends and before she fell asleep on my lap that evening, she whispered: “Mommy, this moon is so much bigger than ours”. This experience was like a love-letter. And ever since receiving it, I have been trying to write back.


After we had returned home to Santa Monica, we took a stroll again and this time my daughter said, “Mom, can you make a wish upon a big moon?” Sometimes I wish I could hold on to those moments forever. “Where do wishes go”? One wonders."

8 comments:

lifeartdesigns said...

What a wonderful article. Love the picture that goes with it also. In her shop profile, she says, "I have an abundance of love for painting, poetry and writing (children stories). In a nutshell, I'm a Mommy." Love that!

Sherry said...

Where do wishes go......what a beautiful story. I can almost imagine being there. Thanks so much for sharing!

simoart said...

This is a great story and the picture. It makes me want it to go there. Great work.

Unknown said...

I haven't visited in awhile - and stopped in today -what a lovely post, Natasha :) Thank you for sharing this.
Kerstin

Natasha said...

lifeartdesigns - I love the picture and the info on her profile as welll...it makes me happy!

Sherry - me too....thank you for sharing and cheering!

simoart - me too!! Thanks for cheering and play

Kerstin - thanks for coming to play...I've missed you...how have you been?? Thanks for visiting and sharing some love

Gina@ A bit of whimsy! said...

Thank you all for the lovely comments! Hugs to you Natasha for this post - What an honor!

Gina

Natasha said...

Gina @ A bit of whimsy! - thank you for being a part of this..it was an honor for me to post it!!

Unknown said...

aaaahhhhh - what a wonderful story - I love the picture with the bunny - I'm sure that some people thought I was nuts when I left a note about following your child around for a while for inspiration - but they are so full of amazement, and wonder.
Wish upon a moon! I like that idea!
Next weeks theme????
ooh that might be tough!
You are such a gifted writer Natasha!
:))Kris