Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Inspirational Tips: Give It Everything You Have




This is Matt. Matt is a guy who was filmed doing a dance - a dance he was known for among his friends - while traveling with his buddy. Then one day, someone on the Internet found that recorded dance and passed it on to someone who passed it on and so on until Matt became famous for doing "that" dance and was sent around the world by the makers of Stridegum to share it.

Matt's dance is filled with joy and something else, something that makes him unique. Although many join in on the dance with him in this video, he still shines brightly. That makes me think of all of you. You may practice the same craft as others - be it jewelry, painting, etc. - but as long as you share your passion, your joy, and your own sense of playfulness within your creations, you need never feel any sense of competiton with your fellow artists because your work will always be a distinct reflection of you and, therefore, 100% unique.

Be YOU! Celebrate YOU! Share your own inner dance with the world!!!!

I'm CHEERING for all of YOU

10 comments:

jodi said...

Natasha,

We're cheering for you too!

LiPeony said...

another excellent post! I was all smiles watching the video. I think that's so true... your passion and fire come out in whatever drives you and inspires you.

Natasha said...

Jodi - ******BIG HUG******* Thank you :0

Meekiyu - I was all smiles too..it's totally true ...being you is like nothing in the world!

Baroness Bijoutery said...

Loved the video..brought sweet smiles to my face. And I agree with you about our work. Every piece I make I put myself into it..If I'm not enjoying what I do why do it because no one else will enjoy it either.

aquamaureen said...

Oh boy . . . that was JUST what I needed, Natasha . . . I'd slid into a low spot of wondering why I was trying to "make art" when such beauty already existed out there . . . then I watched Matt dance . . . and he's the only one who can be him . . . and that made me remember that I am the only one who can be me . . . pretty obvious, but also, for me, pretty easy to lose sight of. Thank you for reminding me.

Phoenyx Ravenswing said...

Greetings!

True that, Natasha!!! :-) One reason I don't mind teaching others to wire wrap, etc. is that their art will always be different from mine, as they are different people, so... no competition! Just joy & creativity & passion & immense artistic goodness! :-D

Bright Blessings & Happy Creating!!! :-)
-Bird

storybeader said...

how sweet! Now, to see Matt dance...

lifeartdesigns said...

That was a great video! Thanks for what you said Natasha. We are also cheering for you!
Janie

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post, and something I very much needed to read today. Thank you!

Steph said...

oh my goodness! this is incredible!
Natasha thank you so much for sharing this, I'm going to 'borrow' Matt's dance and blog it tomorrow for my 'Foto Friday' feature.
Thank You Thank You Thank you!!
what a incredible vision of human spirit!