Monday, February 2, 2009

Sweet New Features


Well hello there! How are you? I hope you had a fabulous weekend :)

First, I'd like to share the Thursday Sweet Treat button. If you would like to take this and place it on your blog so that others can come to visit this incredible playground we are building, please feel free to do so. The button is located on the sidebar of this blog. Let me know if you need anything. Thank you for being a part of this!

Thank you for all your thoughtful feedback in emails and here in the comments about the new features that will be coming. I have an update about them that I want to share with you.


Mini-Treat Monthly

I have spoken with several artists who either missed the deadline for a project or joined when a project they would have loved to have contributed to was already in progress. All of them said, "I'm just going to continue to create and send you a picture because I love what I am creating." Well, I have seen some of those pieces and I truly think everyone should. So, I am going to host a Mini-Treat Monthly.

Once a month - generally around the 15th - I will announce a call for any work that was created for previous themes. On the chosen day, people can submit their shop name and link along with 1 photo of the item or 1 photo of each of the items they created for a prior theme and it will be posted.


Artist Play Dates

Thank you to all the people who responded to the call for the artist play date. Each play date will be tailored to the specific artist. Some will be interviewed while others will host a tutorial. However, I would love for all of them to participate in a giveaway and that will even have a special twist. They will begin next week and I'm SO looking forward to having these playdate.


Ask the Artist

This was a great suggestion! (I heart you Lorrie!) On Thursday afternoon - after the Sweet Treat has been unveiled - I will have a post that will be titled, "Ask the Artist". That will be the place where artists or anyone can ask questions to other artists in the comments section of the post. As I am working on building this bigger and hope to have a forum area in the future this is the closest I can get right now but it will allow people to leave comments, questions and thoughts directly for another person.


So, this is the beginning...there will be more but I'd LOVE to know what you think of all of this so be sure to share. I truly enjoy hearing from you. I want this community to grow, share, learn and play so let me know what you're thinking!


19 comments:

KayzKreationz said...

Sounds great and like so much fun. Can't wait to see what all comes out of this.
http://KayzKreationz.blogspot.com

Natasha said...

KayzKreationz - thank you so much. There are some really exciting things coming...I think it's just going to get better and better on this playground.....if you think of anything you'd like to see please drop me a line!! And as always enjoy :)

jodi said...

Natasha,
This all sounds great. I can't wait to see, participate, and learn. I'll be sending you my photos for this week's theme.
Thanks!

Natasha said...

Jodi -

Thanks so much!! I appreciate the feedback...I'm right with you on seeing, learning and participating with everyone. I can't wait to see your creation this week!!

CB said...

This blog is getting more and more fun Natasha. :)

Natasha said...

Thank you CB! That was the topper on my day...I'm going to sleep happy! :)

Anonymous said...

First, I would like to welcome you to the Bloggers United Team! Your joy is contagious, as is your great sense of humor! It did not talk long for you to discover what a great group of people we share with on the team.

I am not sure that I understand the game, but am looking forward to learning more. You are now have a new stalker.

Hugs,

~Lily
http://TuLipsTalking.blogspot.com
http://TulipsTreasureBox.etsy.com
http://MockingBirdDesigns.etsy.com
http://JewelrySupplyShop.etsy.com
http://BlockheadRadioLive.com Host

Natasha said...

Lily - thank you so much for the welcome and for such kind words!! Thanks to Ceejay I'm absolutely loving the team and so honored to be a part of it....I love that you are my new stalker...that rocks!! And don't worry, you will totally get this project and I bet you'll want to jump in YAY!!! Hugs and more crazy hugs :)

SalvagedExpression said...

Great additions, I'm looking forward to seeing how this all turns out! Perhaps we should try to get a treasury sometime. After all a lot of these items are listed and themes should be easy enough!

Marja / Glass Elements said...

Natasha, these all sound great! I can't wait to meet some new artists in the playdates! How much fun. You rock :)

Three Yellow Hearts said...

Yay, things are really taking off! I love the idea of the Ask the Artist section!!! …can't wait to see what everyone comes up with! I would love to be in the artist playground a bit later.

Thanks Natasha you are doing a great job.

-Tiffany Patterson
www.cursewordsandbirds.blogspot.com
www.PollyAndEster.etsy.com

Natasha said...

Salvaged - thank you! And what a fabulous idea. I think a treasury would rock...I can try my hand at one..anyone else want to create one?

Marja - thank you so much...yes there is a line up shaping up and each playdate is going to be great fun! I can't wait for everyone to see YAY!!

If anyone is interested in a playdate, please contact me!

Tiffany - thank you tons and tons! Yes, Ask the Artists should be good fun so make sure to come and play. And I'd love for you to be in a playdate...I know you are swamped right now but let me know when you think you might have time....

Everyone is doing a fantastic job!!! YAY!!

Three Yellow Hearts said...

Oooooh I got a fancy new button! Thanks for your help Natasha.

Natasha said...

Ok but that seriously makes me want to backflip all around the room@!!YAY!!

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

I'm going to join in on the fun! I can't resist :P I may not make something each week, but I'll have fun seeing what others do when I don't!

Linda Hardy said...

Look what you've done in such a short time! What a following you've amassed, YIPPY!!! You have a great thing going here, hopefully I'll be able to jump in here soon and join the fun.

Congratulations on your success!!

Linda

Natasha said...

Rose Works Jewelry - YAY!!!! I'm SO excited that you are going to join in....that's awesome. I can't wait to see what you make...enjoy!!!

Linda - thank you for your continued support ...you have no idea what it means to me. I can't wait for you to join in...no pressure of course...but it will be awesome for sure. Thank you from the bottom of my heart :)

Unknown said...

Sweet treat these Thursday ideas are Tash. I got me an Etsy account ( so i can showcase my future works of art),and I got me a google account ( so I could post this) ! I shall use these weekly/ monthly themes to help me expand my photographic works into either 3d objects or by incorporating graphic design elements into the photos. Yeah!!!!!!!!!!

Natasha said...

Jen!!! HOLY BLEEP BLEEP!!!!!!!! How are ya?? SO awesome to see you here..EVERYONE I have known this lady since grammar school she is a fabulous, talented photographer/artist! She's excited about her work and super supportive. Jen - is your shop up?? This was such a surprise and such a treat...I'm so thrilled you are here..will you be joining and sharing??