Hi everyone!! Happy June!!
How are you? How is everything going with you?? I really want to know so please share :)
First, I want you all to know that I have been thinking about you and I miss you. Recently, I haven't been around as much as I was - like many of you - working on a million projects. They all seem to have the same deadline! Some have come to an end now and some new ones that I am insanely over the moon about are just ramping up. But the biggest one I'm working on is this playground. I will be emailing people about the 2nd grade project, responding to emails (please forgive the delays), adding more fun projects and launching the site in the coming weeks.
I'm sure it feels like I've been saying that forever - again please forgive the delay. Each time I've been close to launching I've discovered a new need. This site needs to be a few different things in order to accomodate all I want to do. That said, I have finally gotten the much needed help I need and it will be up soon. That will be followed by a massive promotion so there is LOTS to come.
In the meantime, I want to thank you from the very bottom of my heart for making this playground such a special place. Thanks for hanging in with me and always being such beacons of inspiration. The week ahead is going to be tons of fun so please come back and visit.
Speaking of inspiration, Janie of http://www.lifeartdesigns.etsy.com/ and http://www.mypolymerclaycanes.etsy.com/ sent this to me and I LOVE it...there are SOOO many that I needed to read and will need to re-read. So, I pass along this gift to you. Have a wonderful day all :)
Written by Regina Brett, 90 years old, of The Plain Dealer, Cleveland , Ohio
"To celebrate growing older, I once wrote the 45 lessons life taught me. It is the most-requested column I've ever written. My odometer rolled over to 90 in August, so here is the column once more. "
1. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone...
4. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and parents will. Stay in touch.
5. Pay off your credit cards every month.
6. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
7. Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone.
8. It's OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
9. Save for retirement starting with your first pay check.
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
11. Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present.
12. It's OK to let your children see you cry.
13. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in it.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don't worry; God never blinks.
16. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
17. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
18. Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you stronger.
19. It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else. 20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't take no for an answer.
21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, and wear the fancy lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
22. Over prepare, then go with the flow.
23. Be eccentric now. Don't wait for old age to wear purple.
24. The most important sex organ is the brain.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words 'In five years, will this matter?'
27. Always choose life.
28. Forgive everyone everything.
29. What other people think of you is none of your business.
30. Time heals almost everything. Give time.
31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
32. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
33. Believe in miracles.
34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn't do.
35. Don't audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
36. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young.
37. Your children get only one childhood.
38. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back.
41. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
42. The best is yet to come.
43. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
45. Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.