Then, place a dot somewhere on the piece and begin from that point. Using line and color simply explore and play .... trust that your creation will emerge.
"I think I'm painting a picture of two women but it may turn out to be a landscape." ~Willem de Kooning
The Fall of Icarus by Henri Matisse
“When I put colors together, they have to join a living chord, like a musical chord or harmony.” ~Matisse
Yellow, Red, and Blue by Wassily Kandinsky
"In their pursuit of the same supreme end, Matisse and Picasso stand side by side, Matisse representing color and Picasso form." ~Wassily Kandinsky
Dove of Peace by Pablo Picasso
"Colors, like features, follow the changes of the emotions." ~Pablo Picasso
The work submitted must be something you have created and/or worked on between the time the theme was revealed and the Thursday unveiling. Please submit your response to Natasha@creativenachos.com no later than end of day Wednesday, July 1st if you would like it to be posted on Thursday, July 2nd. OR send me a link to your response to include in the comments section of the post.
With your response please include:
1. Your name - either first name, shop name or both.
2. The name of your piece (if you choose to give it one)
3. The name of the theme you chose
4. Something you'd like to share (process of creation, idea behind piece) if you'd like to share anything
5. The shop and/or blog links you'd like to include
6. Two photos of your piece or of each of the pieces (3x5 or 4x6 and 72dpi or a max of 96dpi - if you need any help with that please don't worry I'd be happy to help!)
Most importantly, push against your own limits, draw, let color fly, be wild...enjoy!