How you choose to interpret the theme is completely up to you. It simply needs to be tasteful – no pornography or messages of hate here. When you sit down to create, you cannot think about how people will or will not receive your work. You are required to simply enjoy the act of creating.
I'd like you to take a trip with me for a moment. Let's go back to childhood, back to that time when it was our job to explore and play for hours on end. Now tell me what was your favorite childhood tale - that one you read over and over? I had many favorites so it was hard to decide but Harold and the Purple Crayon's pages are tattered from the constant reading and there are even some crayon markings made by yours truly :)
This week, I invite you to revisit your favorite childhood tale and bring any part of it to life in your own special way. Please feel free to choose Harold and the Purple Crayon and know that your crayon can whatever color you like.
Image from Crockett Johnson's
Harold and the Purple Crayon
The work submitted must be something you have created and/or worked on between the time the theme was revealed and the Thursday unveiling. Please submit your response to Natasha@creativenachos.com no later than end of day Wednesday, June 3rd if you would like it to be posted on Thursday, June 4th. OR send me a link to your response to include in the comments section of the post.
With your response please include:
1. Your name - either first name, shop name or both.
2. The name of your piece (if you choose to give it one)
3. The name of the theme you chose
4. Something you'd like to share (process of creation, idea behind piece) if you'd like to share anything
5. The shop and/or blog links you'd like to include
6. Two photos of your piece or of each of the pieces (3x5 or 4x6 and 72dpi or a max of 96dpi - if you need any help with that please don't worry I'd be happy to help!)
Most importantly, let your inner child come out and PLAY, PLAY, PLAY!