Monday, June 29, 2009

Imagine a Monday Filled With Magic...Well, You Don't Have To Imagine For Long Because This Week's Mini-Monthly Makes That Idea a Reality

This is my favorite Mini-Monthly. The pieces that were created are filled with color and an energy that seeps right into the core of you and not only inspires but it makes everything inside of you fill with life....colorful, fiery, pulsing, dancing, celebrating life!!!

These pieces represent the imagination, determination and sheer magic that exists in the hearts, minds, souls and fingertips of these magnificent professionals. After looking at all of these works, I not only want to own each piece, I want to paint, draw, dream and create right now.

Welcome to Monday....a day you won't soon forget as we tour a magic garden of wonderfulness....


Janet, creator of Janetdavies and Lilacwoman, created these two incredibly gorgeous pieces.

"The colors and shapes of this theme sunk deep into my being and followed me everywhere, in dreams both awake and in sleep," said Janet. "The design on this scarf really reminds me of old navigational maps. Wheels and lines are representing past, present, and future terrains. Again the color and round shapes seep into the realm of jewelry and this necklace is really a surrender to whichever way the wind should take me. There is no rhyme or reason here, just what I wanted to add to it now. The necklace is still incomplete but there’s enough of it to get the idea, I think."


Janetdavies shop:
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6441156

Lilacwoman shop:
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5154587

Janetdavies on Artfire:
http://www.artfire.com/modules.php?name=Shop&seller_id=14325




















Kaitlin, creator of Colors by K, created these truly spectacular pieces.

"The blue lilies are for Theme 22: Then there was music," said Kaitlin. "This piece is on a huge 30x40" stretched canvas. I'm just calling it 'Clair de Lune' because I played the song almost constantly for a week and then the entire time I painted it! Some spots are thinner than others and dried faster, so it looks kinda crappy at the moment until I varnish it, but... I wanted to share it anyway :)"

"Theme 23: Then I saw red, is the flame colored canvas. This 18x24" piece isn't finished, but I have to wait for it to dry before I can make good on any inspiration I get for it, which will be a while :)," said Kaitlin.

"Theme 24: Whirling Colors in Mid-Flight was purely last minute and a bit of 'bad luck, good luck'! I had a ton of ideas when I first saw the theme but then managed to get a huge blister weed whacking and couldn't hold a paint brush for a few days, which all of my ideas required :( bad luck) It turned around rather unexpectedly with two successful knife paintings, however! Both are 18x24" on stretched canvas. The vertical one I'm calling 'Rise Up' and the other is still untitled," said Kaitlin.

Clair de Lune
Then I Saw Red
Rise Up
Untitled











Kris, creator of Lisianblue, created this simply phenomenal piece for Theme 24 : Whirling colors in mid-flight.

"A few weeks ago I found a very large mirror in the dumpster, part of a sliding closet door from the apt complex," said Kris. "I walked away. A few hours later, I went back out to get as much of the mirror out as I could. This wasn't as easy as it sounds! This mirror has a very strong plastic backing and it now had a few bags of trash on it. I couldn't just pull the whole thing out of the dumpster. I finally managed to break some off, and came away with a total of about 2 sq ft of mirror - although it's anything but square. When I saw the theme: Whirling colors in mid-flight, I thought oh this is perfect for making a mobile using the mirror. Getting the plastic off the back of the mirror was even more challenging than getting it out of the dumpster! After carefully scraping it , soaking it, rubbing it with alcohol, then paint remover, scraping it some more, I finally succeded in getting the plastic off 2 pieces that would give me enough glass to do something with. I cut the mirror into curved strips, wrapped them with copper foil and soldered, then comes the fun part of balancing the pieces. I debated on painting the backs in different colors or at all, but decided I wanted the colors to come from the mirror. So I painted the back of the pieces silver and let the mirror reflect the surrounding colors - perfect for whirling colors in mid flight! Getting good pictures of a mobile is challenging enough - but one made with mirrors!"

http://lisianblue.artfire.com/



Tell me, are you not completely inspired? Don't you feel alive, alive, alive??


Please share your thoughts, ask the artists questions, leave a comment and some love here. Then, go visit them at their shops and blogs, share some more and tell a friend! Thanks so much for visiting!!

8 comments:

KnockKnocking said...

These are some really lovely picks! Thanks!

Christie Cottage said...

These are truly lovely pieces featured.

giraffelabel said...

beautiful! i love the reminders of weeks past, especially since i have not been able to participate in a while! thanks for sharing!

Phoenyx Ravenswing said...

Greetings!

Awesome, awesome as ever! :-)

Lisianblue, great upcycling! :-D Yay you for the persistence to reclaim the mirror. It led to a truly lovely piece that reminds us that beauty is all around us, we just have to stop & look. :-)

Kaitlin, I love your pieces! "Clair de Lune" is so perfectly matched - I can hear the music in my head when I see this piece. "Lys de Lune" indeed! :-D

Can't wait to see what you do w/the red one - it's such an amazing beginning! Such power in it - where will you take it?

Your other two are wonderful as well. I especially like the second one, which I would call 'The Raven', b/c that's what I see in it - a Raven in midflight, who also is the World it flies through. Very powerful piece for me. :-)

Janet, I love how you are following your Muses. Such lovely colors and the meanings behind the elements you choose are wonderful to read. :-)

Bright Blessings & Good Fortune all! :-D
-Bird

Unknown said...

Janet - what a fun necklace with all colorful dangly beads. I love the scarf, such a pretty color and interesting shapes -
It's interesting reading about how your thoughts and designs came together.

Kaitlin - looking at these makes me want to drag out my oils! I absolutely love the blue lillies - Clair de'Lune
"Then I saw red" are you sure it isn't finished?
Rise UP - great shapes and colors!
Untitled - I can see how Bird sees a raven in midflight - I think I would keep titled as "Untitled" -

Bird - thank you for your wonderful comment! One thing I am is tenacious!
And, someday I will figure out how to take better pics of my mobiles!

Natasha - Thank you for doing the mini- monthly!!!

Felicia Kramer said...

Sorry I'm so late - internet down - 2 hours with tech support - AAARRGGHH!

Janet - love the bracelet - a lot!
Kaitlin - love them all, but the lilies are stunning.
Kris - the mirror mobile is great. Have you tried "Goof off" (liquid, in a can). I use it all the time. In your case, though, it might have taken off the entire coating on the mirrors - I'm not sure.
Anyway, good job everyone!

meherio68 said...

Janet, I love your choice of colours in both piece but I am really in love with the scarf...
Kaitlin, I too love them all, but your "I saw red" painting feels just like it. Like the deepest of the deepest ocean, only in red. Simply fantastic!
Kris, I don't think I've said this before but I always love your little fragments of light— the colours, the balance and harmony of them...
Hooray for the mini-monthly!

Natasha said...

KnockKnocking - welcome..and yes I agree the work her is amazing...I'm so thrilled that you came by to celebrate it!

Christie Cottage - welcome as well...thank you so much for coming to play.and sharing such lovely thoughts.

giraffelabel - how are you? You were moving correct?? How has that gone? How are you? You are truly missed :)

Phoenyx Ravenswing - so awesome to see you here cheering...did I mention I missed you :)

lisianblue - I am SUCH a fan of your work...I LOVE that you went back for the mirror...just look at the beauty that was created! As always, you are a true inspiration

Felicia Kramer - computer issues always make me nuts....I feel your pain but am so happy that you were able to get here and celebrate..you rock!

Meherio68 - I love them all as well but that scarf is amazing ..the colors are sensational...so great to see you here...what a supportive, wonderful, inspiring soul you are!

Nicomi "Nix" Turner - welcome! So awesome to see you here...thanks for sharing such positive thoughts

K - I have to tell you i think your work is unbelievably gorgeous ..the colors are just incredible...I am now a fan of knife painting as well....amazing work

Janet - both pieces scream beauty. I love the designs and color...that scarf is sensational you should make more of those...awesome work