Thursday, April 1, 2010

Friendship, Flowers and Exceptional Art Blossom in the Hands of These Talented Artists

ANNOUNCEMENT: There is a fabulous, new blog that was launched by an incredibly talented writer that you have to check out. Hiccups in Time...is a blog that will change your perspective about life. It will make you think. It will warm your heart. It will make you get up and leap for joy. Please drop by, become a follower and leave a little love for this writer who is bound to be a hit in blogland!


As the flowers and trees begin to come back to life and we venture outside to play with friends who, like some of us, have been hibernating this winter, we celebrate the magic and color that each bring to our lives. The amazing artists whose works are represented here created pieces that will make you want to pick up the phone and call that friend you just love hanging out with. You might even want to ask them to meet so you can pick some flowers!

Enjoy the joy that blossoms within while you stroll through this friend and flower garden :)


Maureen, a talented artist, created this lovely piece.

"This 9x9 bouquet of flowers "for a friend" ended up being given to me!!--I needed a boost last night, and painting to our prompt was perfect," said Maureen. "I'm experimenting with outlining lately, and I thought I was using a permanent black marker . . but I like the bleeds that surprised me when watercolor met washable marker."

http://aquamaureens.blogspot.com/


















Felicia Kramer, creator of Another Bright Idea, created this gorgeous piece titled, “A single rose”.

"Not much to say about this one except that I LOVELOVELOVE my roses and I LOVELOVELOVE my friends and I can’t wait for my roses to bloom!" said Felicia.

www.etsy.com/shop/anotherbrightidea

http://www.feliciakramer.blogspot.com/












Iris, creator of Iris O'Connor, created these stunning pieces.

"I don't have a garden where I live but I'm lucky enough to look after the house of a really nice couple when they are away and they have a garden which is just beginning to burst into colour," said Iris. "So, I threw myself down on the grass last Saturday and took a few photos. Sometimes you have to get down and dirty to get a different perspective ;)Hope you like them:D"

Blog:
http://www.irisoconnor.blogspot.com/

Etsy shop:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/irisoconnor
















Amanda, creator of Persistent Green, created this magnificent Untitled mixed media in progress.

"I'm still working on this one, but had a blast in the short amount of time I was able to spend on it," said Amanda. "Wild color and flowers--right up my alley! By the way, there are seats left in Natasha's and my e-course, so be sure to check it out if you're interested in finding your inner WILD child and letting her play (see my blog or the TST sidebar)!"

http://persistentgreen.blogspot.com/
http://www.etsy.com/shop/persistentgreen















Natasha, creator of DoodleStar, created this piece.

This art journal page was inspired by a talented artist/writer, Janet Davies after reading her piece about a fascinating bird's nest and my daughter who wakes and says hello to the birds in a nest outside our window every morning. Thank you for being an inspiration in my life. Friendship, flowering trees, and lots of love :)

http://doodlestar.etsy.com/

The words on the piece read:

"It's a new day. Let's makeup a song, come on..."

"Do these feathers make me look fat?"

"The leaves are STILL laughing at something the wind said...wish they'd share the joke."

"Oh doesn't that sun feel good? Let's go to the park for a nice meal!"

"Did you bring home another business card? What are we going to DO with all these cards? They're not menus you know! We can't order out."

"Hey, is out crap really full of good luck?"


Do you feel the creativity, the ideas, the excitement to create blossoming within you?

Well, the next theme is.........."Carnival of Life". Celebrate the movement, music, color, and magic of a carnival!

7 comments:

Dawna said...

Thank you for including me in your Feature Fest, as well as the kind words, Tasha! It's REALLY appreciated!

BIG hugs to you!

Amanda Fall - Sprout editor said...

Happy Thursday!

Aqua: love your bold colors! How neat that you stumbled across a new technique. I bet this would be fun to try intentionally with other colors of the washable markers.

Felicia: so delicate and pretty. I love how the petals are kissed by light.

Iris: ooh la la, these are glorious. You are so right about getting dirty to find that perfect angle. I've been known to contort myself in all kinds of strange ways to get my shot!

Tasha: this is too cute. I've always wondered what my birds are saying outside.... now I don't have to imagine... ;)

Carnival--yay! Can we play now? How about now? ;)

Erica said...

Maureen, what lovely composition. I love the colors you picked!

felicia, that is very beautiful. I love roses too!

Iris, those are amazing, stunning and vivid.

Amanda, yours is my favorite. It is beutiful, warm lively, I just love it!

Natasha, those birds are cute and I love the bright yellow and ored. So cute. Not sure I understand what they are talking about, but that is ok. :)

JanetDavies said...

It's been too darn long since I have been in this delightful place. Everyone's work is FABULOUS!! Really a sight for sore eyes. Thursday Sweet Treat just made my day.
Natasha, those birds are so perfect!!! I hope that someday I might get to sit at that window with you guys and listen to them talk. (((hugs)))

Felicia Kramer said...

Doing a quick drive-by here - these are all great and remind me that we are really getting closer and closer to SPRING!!!YAY!!!

Natasha I have to give it to you: this line made me laugh out loud. I love it!!! Are you becoming my muse again??

"The leaves are STILL laughing at something the wind said...wish they'd share the joke."

Felicia Kramer said...

Doing a quick drive-by here - these are all great and remind me that we are really getting closer and closer to SPRING!!!YAY!!!

Natasha I have to give it to you: this line made me laugh out loud. I love it!!! Are you becoming my muse again??

"The leaves are STILL laughing at something the wind said...wish they'd share the joke."

Iris O'Connor said...

Hi guys :))

apologies for my lack of manners...not having responded sooner....but I was (thankfully)rushed off my feet and then over Easter...I don't know what came over me but going on the Internet was the last thing on my mind and I basically went for walks with my camera or I was hugging the couch with a book somewhere on me :D
BLISS :)))))
I can only hope all of you had an equally satisfying long weekend!!

lots of (spring) love to all of you ♥
Iris