How you choose to interpret the theme is completely up to you. It simply needs to be tasteful – no pornography or messages of hate here. When you sit down to create, you cannot think about how people will or will not receive your work. You are required to simply enjoy the act of creating.
Inspired by Felicia Kramer's "I'd Rather Be in Hawaii" week and all the stellar artists she is featuring, I want to celebrate that feeling, that thought, the beauty that takes place when we think of places like Hawaii, the Virgin Islands, Costa Rica, etc. The only requirement is that you use two colors - green and pink. You can use tons of others and any material your heart desires but those two colors need to make an appearance.
The work submitted must be something you have created and/or worked on between the time the theme was revealed and the Thursday unveiling. Please submit your response to Natasha@creativenachos.com no later than end of day Wednesday, February 24th if you would like it to be posted on Thursday, February 25th. OR send me a link to your response to include in the comments section of the post.
With your response please include:
1. Your name - either first name, shop name or both.
2. The name of your piece (if you choose to give it one)
3. Something you'd like to share (process of creation, idea behind piece) if you'd like to share anything. Please limit this to 2-3 sentences
4. The shop and/or blog links you'd like to include
5. Two photos of your piece or of each of the pieces (3x5 or 4x6 and 72dpi or a max of 96dpi - if you need any help with that please don't worry I'd be happy to help!)
Most importantly, enjoy some tropical dreams!