ANNOUNCEMENT: If you have not had an opportunity to see the amazing 2nd Grade Thursday Sweet Treat project, please scroll down to see the previous two posts. The work created by both the artists and the 2nd Grade students will delight you!
REQUEST: I am interested in inviting muscians to share in the TST experience. If you know someone who might like to compose a short piece based on this theme please invite them and I will includes a like to an audio clip or You tube video of their "Butterfly" theme! Please let me know I think it would be such fun!
How you choose to interpret the theme is completely up to you. It simply needs to be tasteful – no pornography or messages of hate here. When you sit down to create, you cannot think about how people will or will not receive your work. You are required to simply enjoy the act of creating. Please see the bottom of this post for instructions on how to submit your work.
"I embrace emerging experience.
I participate in discovery.
I am a butterfly.
I am not a butterfly collector.
I want the experience of the butterfly.”
Photo by Alice Russell
“Once I read a story about a butterfly in the subway and today, I saw one. It got on at 42nd Street and off at 59th where, I assume, it was going to Bloomingdales to buy a hat that will turn out to be a mistake..." ~You've Got Mail
The work submitted must be something you have created and/or worked on between the time the theme was revealed and the Thursday unveiling. Please submit your response to Natasha@creativenachos.com no later than end of day Wednesday, May 27th if you would like it to be posted on Thursday, May 28th. OR send me a link to your response to include in the comments section of the post.
With your response please include:
1. Your name - either first name, shop name or both.
2. The name of your piece (if you choose to give it one)
3. The name of the theme you chose
4. Something you'd like to share (process of creation, idea behind piece) if you'd like to share anything
5. The shop and/or blog links you'd like to include
6. Two photos of your piece or of each of the pieces (3x5 or 4x6 and 72dpi or a max of 96dpi - if you need any help with that please don't worry I'd be happy to help!)
Most importantly, let creativity flit and float throughout your imagination!