How you choose to interpret the theme is completely up to you. It simply needs to be tasteful – no pornography or messages of hate here. When you sit down to create, you cannot think about how people will or will not receive your work. You are required to simply enjoy the act of creating.
Inspiration can come from anywhere. It can be something that stirs the senses; perhaps it's something visually stunning or maybe a voice that grabs hold of your soul. This is why we need to remain open - open mind, open heart - to all around us.
Florence and the Machine is a band I'm in love with at the moment. This woman's voice does something to me...it makes me move. This first week back, I ask you to watch the video first, then replay and listen with closed eyes. What grabs you? The colors in the video, a song line, her voice? Take whatever stirs you and create something new.
The work submitted must be something you have created and/or worked on between the time the theme was revealed and the Thursday unveiling. Please submit your response to Natasha@creativenachos.com no later than end of day Wednesday, November 17th if you would like it to be posted on Thursday, November 18th. OR send me a link to your response to include in the comments section of the post.
With your response please include:
1. Your name - either first name, shop name or both.
2. The name of your piece (if you choose to give it one)
3. Something you'd like to share (process of creation, idea behind piece) if you'd like to share anything. Please limit this to 2-3 sentences
4. The shop and/or blog links you'd like to include
5. Two photos of your piece or of each of the pieces (3x5 or 4x6 and 72dpi or a max of 96dpi - if you need any help with that please don't worry I'd be happy to help!)
Most importantly, make something you cannot help but bring to life!